As mentioned above, cosmetic surgery is an extremely drastic option for tummy tightening and not to be undertaken lightly. Obviously, there are exceptional cases where exercise and diet alone will not create a washboard stomach! But for the majority of people a healthy diet and exercise will go a long way to giving you the abs of your dreams! If you dream of wearing your hipsters with pride, read on
Abdominal tightening – the natural way
The exercise below will help to tone stomach muscles:-
- Lie on your back.
- Place your feet fully on the floor as close to your bottom as you can. Make sure you knees are together.
- Place your hands on your chest and relax your neck.
- Contract your stomach muscles ONLY until you are able to lift your shoulders a little way off the floor. This may only be a little way at first!
- Hold the position for the count of 1 and breath outwards.
- Relax your stomach muscles and return your shoulder to rest on the floor.
- Repeat this between 10 and 12 times. Relax for a further minute and repeat.
- This time lie on your stomach.
- Put your hands either side of your chest and tuck your elbows in.
- Making sure that your back stays totally flat push yourself up onto your knees. Only your upper body should be off the floor with your hands and knees supporting you.
- Keep your back flat and tuck your tummy in tightly towards your spine.
- Hold the position for 10 to 60 seconds.
- Relax back onto the floor before repeating a further two times.